Thursday, March 08, 2007

Puttin the flava on da traila and taken it downtown!

Did a little spinning last night at the local Y. I always get a funny feeling walking into one of these classes. It's like lining up for a race. Everbody sizing eaach other up. Who's the guy that is going to outlast everybody else? Which person is here for the first time and will get stuck in their toe clips eventually falling over trying to get off the bike. Who will black out from heat exhaustion trying to keep up with the instructor?

We had a pretty good class, glad I got there a little early. Got my bike set up and hopped on. Started my warm up for about ten minutes whie we waited for the instructor to begin.

Then she turned on the music... Drop the Bomb by Kool and the Gang. I almost threw up in my mouth. I knew right then that I had to just focus on the workout and nothing more.

After 45 minutes, I was still spinning strong and feeling pretty good. There was another guy in front of me that was really strong so I just tried keeping up with him. I ended up getting a great workout. And it's only Wednesday. Imagine that!

Not promising anything, but I am going to try and make the Friday morning class. I am not a morning person so getting up at 5am to sit on a stationary bike for 45 minutes listening to music that should have been permanently deleted the day it wwas written, is not so easy for me. But that is my goal.