Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wave at me, I am your neighbor...


Man, I have been DYING to ride my new road bike. Shop says maybe today is the day. Won't get my hopes but staying caustiously optimistic with a slight hint of realistic negatism.

In the mean time, I have still managed to get some riding in. Pulled my wife's Trek Navigator 400 Conmort bike out of the garage and hit the roads... in my neighborhood. To show how serious I was about building muscle mass, I put my 15 month old little girl in her bike seat on the back. Hey, she weighs like 20 lbs. Everyone else is trying to lose a gram here and a gram there. I am ADDING LBS!!! Let me tell you, it ain't easy. I think I have done permanent damage to the ligaments in my knees! Not to mention, our whole neighborhood has only about 1.7 miles of paved road. So to get in 10-15 miles of riding in, you start getting "looks" from the neighbors. Their expressions are priceless as you ride by their house at Mach speed, on a bike 4 sizes too small, with a baby on the back screaming baby babble cause she is having so much fun, over and over and over and over again. There are only so many times you can wave at somebody before they start thinking you are a little crazy!

Maybe that is why our neighbors don't come over much.