Monday, March 12, 2007

Sometimes it takes an entire village...


to raise a bike freak.

When one bike shop can't get the job done, you suck up your pride and head to the other. The owner of the "other shop" is being very helpful and going to oder a new headset and get my machine up and running. The shop "dude" this weekend said it will be Wednesday, shop owner dude says the end of the week, maybe longer. Anyone have a tissue, I may cry.

Shop owner dude must think I am the biggest idiot. And he may be right. But the last time I cared what people thought, was back in 5th grade, and her name was... well, I don't remember her name. But she doesn't remember mine so it's OK. Anyway, he and I actually talked for quite a while about the local happenings of the bike business. Who knew there was scoop in the bicycle business? I better be careful, I may start watching Days of our Lives and reading Us Weekly! Always a nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. It is going to be an interesting year to say the least!

In the mean time, I will be heading to the spinning class tonight and try and talk the team into a night ride on Thursday. In between that, put in a few reps of squats. That way my legs will be completely fried by the weeknd so that I can then cause even more bodily pain trying to chase down the Saturday morning crowd while telling myself how much fun I am having!!!

I love this.