Thursday, February 08, 2007

Come to papa...


This little beauty has been sitting in the local bike shop since this past summer just calling my name. She caught my eye the day she arrived and I haven't gotten her out of my mind since. Every time I have gone in there over the last 7 months, I have looked at it. It is a 2006 Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon frame (with fork) with integrated headset. This is a piece of art that can be ridden as hard and as fast as you want and will come back asking for more. Planet X is based in Northern England in a town called Doncaster and has been around since the mid-90's. They are known for their beautiful carbon work and this frame is a prime example.

Still working out the details and measurements as to whether this frame will fit me correctly. But once that is done (probably Monday), I may put it on layaway and the cyclocross build will be put on hold. The owner has given me a great deal on this and I just can't pass it up for a full carbon frame. This frame was about to end up on eBay as a complete bike so I am happy I called when I did. Once the frame comes into my possession, I will switch all my components over and have a new bike. Going from an aluminum/carbon mix frame to a full carbon will be a huge difference and the ride should improve greatly!