Thursday, January 04, 2007

First impressions - L&M ARC...

Everything I have read and everyone I have talked to has said to spend the extra money and go with an HID lighting system. Yeah, it's gonna cost you more but it will be worth it. Let me tell you, I may have been a little hesitant about spending that much on a light, but I am soooo happy I did! This light is amazing.

Opened the neatly packaged box and I was impressed with the quality of the light and all the components. It comes with a small pamphlet with detailed sinstructions on working whichever ssystem you bought. The battery took about 2.5 hours to fully charge. It comes with a smart charger so I didn't have to worry about leaving it on there too long.

Took it outside last night and I was shocked! The beam lit up my backyard all the way to the fence. The thing that surprised me the most was the amount of light it projected off to the sides. This too me is very important. I will be riding a lot of tight singletrack and I don't need a spotlight that shines 2 miles down a road. I need a focused beam as well as a light showing the edges of the trail and possibly upcoming turns, branches, etc. This light does both very well.

So far, I am very impressed. Hopefully I will be able to hit the trail bright and early Saturdy morning before the sun comes up to give another review from the trail.